Re: [LUG] OT Windows Serial Number

peter wrote:
> I asked about the serial password to install windows.
>
> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 08:40 +0100, Terry Hill wrote:
>

>> The code will consist of groups of letters and numbers separated by hyphens eg:
>>
>> K5T5Y-P555P-FHETH-678KK-RIFH5-QQQFF
>>
>> and will be on a shiny label somewhere, possibly on the side of your
>> PC somewhere.
>>

> Thanks Terry
>
> Let the search begin.  Actually I suppose there are a lot of cheap XPs
> out there now perhaps I can pick one up.
>
> Peter

This lable will be stuck somewhere that probably involves standing in an
awkward postion and attempting to read it side on while remembering the
combination of letters and numbers,  then moving to type them in.

you may want to do some warm up exercises first so you don't end up with
a stiff neck and back. (sarcasm)

if you attempt to remove the label so it can be stuck somewhere that is
more convenient ,  it will  disintegrate and you will be left with no
proof its a legal copy of windows even if you do care which I am sure
most people don't.

its worse on a laptop,  having to flip the thing 180 degrees over, to
read it,  then back to type it in.  most irritating,  hence I a) avoid
reinstalling unless I really have to,  and b) prefer Linux to all that
license key nonsense.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events
25th October 2007 - Meeting Paignton
28th October - Penzance Computers meet
11th November. Penzance Computers meet
Lostwithel meeting part 2, - watch this space.
details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.
visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug