Re: [LUG] Ubuntu / Kubuntu 7.10 - have you taken the plunge ?

Viv wrote:

> I have just installed Virtual Box and am very impressed. With a bit of
> tinkering, I do have USB support (and I think this is the O/S version -
> I installed it previously using Adept Manager). So far, I think it is
> better than VMWare. The best thing is that you can opt for the size of
> the virtual drive to grow (which is quite useful when Windows is
> installed !!!). It seems faster as well.

It is pretty fast, even on my Athlon 64 3000+ with 1GB Ram.  I setup a
virtual machine for Edubuntu with 256MB memory and 8MB video memory and
it whizzed along.  The version I'm running is 1.5.0 OSE, just checked
the config, can't find anything about USB.

> There is an extensive article in last months Linux Format magazine about
> how to configure it. Do you get this as you may find it useful ? If not,
> I could scan and send it to you.

Yep, I'm a Linux format subscriber.

Rob