Re: [LUG] Ubuntu / Kubuntu 7.10 - have you taken the plunge ?

Not having much luck with Ubuntu 7.10 at the moment.  I'm trying to
install it on a PC for a colleague at work.  It installs but the video
card (standard AGP ATI Radeon 9200SE) isn't supported properly by either
the free or proprietory driver and vesa won't go over 800x600.  Funny
thing is, my PC has the video card and it works ok.  Looks like I'll
install Feisty instead.

Rob

Ah, sound like the problem I mentioned I had.
I have the exact same card but it installed with the ati driver by default
instead of the radeon driver.
Easy to fix by booting into safe/recovery mode from the grub loader then
changing any module driver loaded to radeon and defining your refresh
manually.
I just put a # in front of everthing I didn't want.

You might get away with the new menu entry that lets you choose your card
and test the configuration. As I mentioned in an eralier post,the test
seemed to work but then left x completely screwed up until I changed
xorg.conf

Nano is your friend.

Ray