Re: [LUG] Beginner Linux training sessions

I would also be interested, Rob. I have a laptop I can bring. I agree though, we are all so far apart, agreeing a suitable location for all will be difficult.

Viv

----- Original Message ----
From: Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, 16 October, 2007 10:19:33 PM
Subject: [LUG] Beginner Linux training sessions

Hi folks,

Further to Trish's e-mail about training courses, I wonder if it is
something we could look into running.  I'm thinking maybe covering the
basics of Gnome/KDE which should hopefully be distro independent to a
point.  The only issues I can think of is getting a suitable location
and getting a couple of machines there (although I guess some of the
visitors may have laptops which they could bring along).

What does everyone think?

Rob