Re: [LUG] NHS computing

james kilty wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Is anyone willing to advise on how my MP can get into the issue of the
> NHS expenditure on their new inadequate system? He is interested and
> wants to do something. I could only suggest a general approach which
> would be inadequate compared with what some of you know. I believe that
> persistent probes by our MP's is likely to eventually have effect. I
> don't want to miss an opportunity to engage mine.
>
> Thanks in hope

Can MP's be invited to lug meets e.g penzance computers,  or a similar
event,  we may not be able to advise on NHS computing issues,  but
should at least be able to demonstrate alternatives,  dispel the myth
Linux is for geeks only,  and perhaps prompt any MP to ask why is OSS
not being considered,

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events
25th October 2007 - Meeting Paignton
20th October 2007 - Lug clustering meeting. Is this still on !!!!
18th October 2007 - Ubuntu 7.10 release date
28th October - Penzance Computers meet
11th November. Penzance Computers meet

details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug