Re: [LUG] NHS computing

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 18:18 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Can MP's be invited to lug meets e.g penzance computers,
I did - he's not free this time. I suppose I could invite the MP from my
neighbouring constituency.
>   or a similar
> event,  we may not be able to advise on NHS computing issues,  but
> should at least be able to demonstrate alternatives,  dispel the myth
> Linux is for geeks only,  and perhaps prompt any MP to ask why is OSS
> not being considered,
I think sympathy is there - influence is another thing. But I think if
these questions are constantly being asked, the problem for those who
don't like the questions is they won't go away until a better balance is
achieved. I am inclined to ask for a change in the law to require FLOSS
to be available from OEM's and in the bigh shops. There may be better
ways to get a level playing field, partiocluarly in the aftermath of the
EU rulings.

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk