Re: [LUG] working with A level students in a Microsoft Academy

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 23:45 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> I'm going to try
> and do another DCGLUG custom version of The OpenDisc as it's pretty much
> the same workings as The OpenCD but it won't be for a couple of days.
Any chance of having it for the Penzance days?
> I opened a Powerpoint slide I downloaded from t'internet, it appeared to
> work okay in OOo when displayed in a slide show (i.e. the effects seemed
> to work) but as you say, some PP slides don't work.
I will ask my friend what version of MS Office he used.
>   I ment exported it
> as SWF.
Had to ask.
> Not sure on this, Flash video seems to be pretty popular at the moment.
>     Technically a web page could have an MPEG video or something
> embdedded in it.
If it's PP to Flash, then surely it is only able to set up a sequence of
slides at some relatively low rate - otherwise, it must be a bit
inefficient if it is sent at video rate - rather than using a dedicated
programme.
>   I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on these things
> could answer that question.
So, again, I need a tutorial on this so I am not going to talk gibberish.
And again, is anyone willing to come along and talk to a bunch of A-level
students?

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk