[LUG] working with A level students in a Microsoft Academy

Hello

I have had a delightful exchange with the head of ICT at Falmouth School
as a result of inviting a member of staff and a student or 2 to the
Penzance Open sessions. At the end of the eachange I offered a
demonstration of GNU/Linux to A-Level students. His reply will tax me
somewhat so I offer it to you for guidance. As always, if I do anything
like this I will gladly defer to a more expert member if anyone is up to
accompanying me. Here is his reply.

"I may well accept your invitation to come in and demonstrate some of
your software. As well as the obvious if you have any free and easy to
use multimedia software that you could show that would be great.
Students have to create e-books and we currently use Macromedia
Dreamweaver with some dropping down to PowerPoint and saving as html.
Some students are producing a multimedia presentation and will at
present use PowerPoint then convert it to flash using a conversion
program. Any ideas you have in this area would be well appreciated.
Students also have to talk about the digital divide and free industry
standard software such as Star Office can help close this. If you are
serious about your offer perhaps we could discuss exactly what you have
to offer , what our students need and come up with a cunning plan."

Ideas please.

Thanks
--
james kilty