[LUG] re ISP's - FYI

I have previously seen discussions about different ISP's. I thought I
would tell you about my recent experience  in case any of you were
thinking of changing.

I have just changed ISP from Zen Internet (good but, a bit expensive) to
NewNet (who I hope will be equally good but, less expensive).

A week ago, I changed someone else in my village over to NewNet (he had
been with Orange and wanted to escape). The whole changeover process has
been remarkably straightforward for both myself and him.

In fact, I was quite disappointed. I got up early especially, as I
expected to have to mess about with PC and router settings to get
everything working again. Instead, I opened firefox and just got a
message from my modem / router asking for the new user name and
password. Once I had put that in, all was working again (even my Vonage
phone system that has it's own separate router). I may as well have some
breakfast instead.

Cost wise, I was paying Zen £24.99 per month for up to 8mb connection
and 20 gb monthly download limit. I am paying NewNet £19.99 per month
for up to 8mb connection and 25 gb monthly download limit. The only
point to note is that to get that price with NewNet, I had to pay my
fees for the year (potentially, a bit risky with a new ISP that I had no
experience of but, they have had very good reviews over a long period).

If I have any problems, I'll let you know but, so far, so good.

See comments on forum at link below, many NewNet customers use Linux.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=newnet&Number=3139043&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=0

regards

Viv