Re: [LUG] Gobolinux (was KDE Install?)

I asked for reasons for and against gobolinux and thanks for all the replies.
I think that the next thing to do is to suck it and see.

As far as I can see the libraries ARE only installed once, and I see no reason
why this distro shouldn't take up less rather than more disc space.  The
problem of package management without my current crutch of Apt made me
shudder a little until I saw the following review:
http://www.linux.com/articles/60133

I'm a relative newcomer to linux and am not averse to a little experimenting.
A lot of years of my working life were spent as an
Industrial /Manufacturing/Design Engineer, looking for a better mousetrap is
my nature.  Having found one the main problem is proving that it is better to
the current users. 'I'm happy as I am' is the common reaction (sorry Simon),
and rightly so, because change for change sake is no help to anyone, but
neither is ignoring an opportunity.

(I seem to have found a use for the box that the soap came in)

Now, which disc can I afford to screw up?

George