Re: [LUG] Gobolinux (was KDE Install?)

Michael Mortimore wrote:

>> My main difficulty in understanding this distro is simply - Why?
>> I guess I just don't agree that Linux's filesystem needs changing.
> The why would be that some people think that it does. The particular
> goal is keep things more organised (which i'll admit is very
> subjective).

Fair point, there's space enough in this world for more than one
viewpoint and experimentation has got linux where it is today.

I think apt does a brilliant job of organising and although I've been in
dependancy hell far too many times, that's mostly to my still using
dselect instead of some of the cleverer systems like synaptic and
aptitude that resolve many of these problems themselves.

This thread has made me think. It hasn't made me change my mind though... :)

--
Simon Avery