Re: [LUG] Debian GUI config tool

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:26:12 +0100
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Neil Williams wrote:
> >
> > $ apt-cache search grub conf
> > (or search in synaptic)
> >
> > grubconf
>
> What repository you getting this from?

Oh, umm, didn't realise that it had been removed. Oops.

Looks like I was one of the last to install it because it was removed
in 25-12-2006 and it's still on my amd64 box. (Neil - when did we setup
that box?)

> Debian manages grub really well for me, I haven't had to fiddle with it
> at all since Etch, but I'm not dual booting just the odd kernel update,
> or custom kernel.

I use it to remove old kernels, to tweak the order of the kernels in
the list and it does support (or did) the original request of tweaking
the delay.

Sorry about recommending it - the bug that got it removed could have
been quite nasty:

(Need to look for a tool that will identify such packages. A little
grepping of dpkg files / apt-cache perl bindings (apt-cache policy)
would do it but there may be a better, quicker, solution.)

--

Neil Williams