Re: [LUG] South Hams council asking for suggestions on how to save money

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 07:37:55PM +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> Henry Bremridge wrote:

> Aren't South Hams Council under Devon County Council?
>
> I very much doubt they've moved away from MS Office.  Devon County
> Council was certainly a Microsoft shop when I was working there a couple
> of years back and I expect things haven't changed.
>
> Then again, maybe they might have looked at how Bristol City Council
> have implemented FLOSS.

1/ South Hams are under Devon County Council
2/ I very much doubt they will move from MS at all rapidly
3/ Sooner or later someone is going to do a back of envelope cost /benefit study and
wake up to the real savings in time and money

The South Hams website is full of articles about how they want to save money and
spend it more effectively. They are going to have to start thinking about their
software decisions at some point

--
Henry
Tue Sep 11 20:31:15 BST 2007