Re: [LUG] South Hams council asking for suggestions on how to save money

Henry Bremridge wrote:
> Recived the following notice in my letter box
>
> "It's that time of year again when SHDC begins to review its budget and spending
> priorities for the future.
>
> Recent consultation activities have looked at the issues concerning local
> communities in terms of their needs and priorities.
>
> Now we want your help to allocate where the council can best spend its annual
> budget. These things are never easy and there is always a balance to be found
> between keeping council tax low and spending money on everything that everyone
> wants.
>
> There are some services the council must provide and others that are
> discretionary, but that we all value.  There are also services that we do not
> currently provide, but that residents would like us to deliver.
>
> To help us make some of these tough choices residents are being invited to share
> their views on council spending. Visit www.southhams.gov.uk during September and
> October and you will find an on-line questionnaire. By taking just a few minutes
> to consider where you think the council can best spend its limited resources you
> can really help. There are some difficult decisions to make and this is your
> chance to have a say."
>
> As of 5 minutes ago the questionnaire was not showing on the site. Once it shows I
> will ask the South Hams whether they have switched away from MS for general office
> software.
>

> --
> Henry
> Tue Sep 11 12:05:27 BST 2007

Aren't South Hams Council under Devon County Council?

I very much doubt they've moved away from MS Office.  Devon County
Council was certainly a Microsoft shop when I was working there a couple
of years back and I expect things haven't changed.

Then again, maybe they might have looked at how Bristol City Council
have implemented FLOSS.

Rob