Re: [LUG] BBC iplayer

On 6 Sep 2007, at 18:53, Clare Shepherd wrote:

> On 6 Sep 2007, at 17:47, Julian Hall wrote:
>>>  One of my favourites was
>>> said on his way from Wales to London. Wales , Wales Land of My
>>> Fathers, and my fathers can keep it.
>>>
>>> Clare
>> Julian wrote,,
>>
>> Julian
>> South Wales happily born and bred and still resident *ahem*

Julian I hope you're not offended by the above, after all I was only
quoting the great man. It is ironic that a poet who was renowned for
his Welshness should have said such a thing. I think however, that it
was said for effect by a young man itching to get away from the
restrictions of his parental home.
Clare