Re: [LUG] BBC iplayer

Clare Shepherd wrote:
> That's excellent news for all Unix derived OS users, both Linux & Mac
> users. BTW I love the Dylan Thomas quote. One of my favourites was
> said on his way from Wales to London. Wales , Wales Land of My
> Fathers, and my fathers can keep it.
>
> Clare
However <cynical_mode> it should be noted that Windows 98, Windows NT,
Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and MacOS 10.x
constitutes 'a range of operating systems' of which only one isn't
Microsoft.  Nowhere is open source mentioned, nor 'a range of operating
systems from *different vendors*' which I think would be more
encouraging to the open source community.</cynical_mode>

However it is a step albeit a small one, in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Julian
South Wales happily born and bred and still resident *ahem*