Re: [LUG] Penzance Day and U7.04

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 22:52 +0100, Mark Jose wrote:

> I have Kubuntu 6.06, 6.10 and 7.04 as well as PCLinuxOS, Vector, Edubuntu 7.04
> and a few other bits and pieces available. The burner on my laptop is kaput -
> it struggles to even read cds. But I can bring the disks and hopefully we can
> burn some copies with something!
The key is what we are recommending in the short list for newcomers.
There will be value in showing other variants if there is some a priori
reason for it, or, in the second meeting, we brought something requested
or recommended for specific applications. Edubuntu is such an example
and I for one would love to see it. An interesting idea might be we'd
agree to support individuals wanting to use our preferred distro.

A fleeting thought - we'd have an excellent session even if we had no
takers!!
--
James Kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk