Re: [LUG] Penzance Computers install and teach-in

Paul Sutton wrote:
> james kilty wrote:
>> On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 12:59 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
>>

>>> I think you should print the instructions off
>>>
>> that's my preference.
>>
>>>  though rather than putting
>>> them on the disc (I assume you mean a file on the disc)
>>>
>> this was if the offer to do so was realised for this event.
>>

>>> I'm writing up some Ubuntu Feisty installation instructions (both fresh
>>> install and dual boot with Windows)  When they are done I'll let you
>>> know.  I'm sure I should be able to put them on the Wiki.
>>>
>> Excellent.
>>

>>> Maybe you could offer a personal visit to do an install too for those
>>> visitors who are interested in switching but can't actually get their
>>> computers to the event.
>>>
>> We might need some volunteers to make this possible.
>>

>>> I can certainly mention it to my contact at Atlantic Radio.  I know
>>> someone at Westcounty TV (a researcher for their Biteback programme).
>>> She may be interested as they recently did a story on computer security
>>> (spam, phishing e-mails etc).
>>>
>> excellent.
>>
>>> I've been looking into getting some of the Ubuntu-UK leaflets
>>> professionally printed.  There seems to be a bit of interest on the
>>> Ubuntu-UK mailing list.  Works out at about 7p a leaflet for 2,500 and
>>> 5p a leaflet for 5,000.  I was suggesting to the Ubuntu-UK list about
>>> maybe 10 or 20 of us chipping in some money (£17.50 if it's 10 of us,
>>> and £12.50 if it's 20 of us) to buy a bulk load of professionally
>>> printed leaflets.
>>>
>> I am happy to chip in for some. They can be paid out of the price for a
>> disc.
>>
>>> Other than that we could probably come up with an A5 black and white
>>> leaflet which could be printed cheap on a standard laser printer.
>>>
>> Either option.
>> james kilty
>> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk
>>

> I would vote for the professional option,   that way with say 5000
> leaflets that gives us plenty for other meetings in the future,  plus of
> course they look professional,  after all we are up against Microsoft et
> al , who go out and produce professional looking leaflets so if we want
> to look professional then we should follow suit.
>
> I am happy to chip in here.
>
> Paul

Okay, well maybe we could tweak the colour leaflet to include DCGLUG
details?

As I mentioned before, we really could do with a start page where
interested potential users (and new users) could go to find information
like install guides and further information on where to go for help?

Rob