Re: [LUG] Penzance Computers install and teach-in

james kilty wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 12:59 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
>

>> I think you should print the instructions off
>>
> that's my preference.
>
>>  though rather than putting
>> them on the disc (I assume you mean a file on the disc)
>>
> this was if the offer to do so was realised for this event.
>

>> I'm writing up some Ubuntu Feisty installation instructions (both fresh
>> install and dual boot with Windows)  When they are done I'll let you
>> know.  I'm sure I should be able to put them on the Wiki.
>>
> Excellent.
>

>> Maybe you could offer a personal visit to do an install too for those
>> visitors who are interested in switching but can't actually get their
>> computers to the event.
>>
> We might need some volunteers to make this possible.
>

>> I can certainly mention it to my contact at Atlantic Radio.  I know
>> someone at Westcounty TV (a researcher for their Biteback programme).
>> She may be interested as they recently did a story on computer security
>> (spam, phishing e-mails etc).
>>
> excellent.
>
>> I've been looking into getting some of the Ubuntu-UK leaflets
>> professionally printed.  There seems to be a bit of interest on the
>> Ubuntu-UK mailing list.  Works out at about 7p a leaflet for 2,500 and
>> 5p a leaflet for 5,000.  I was suggesting to the Ubuntu-UK list about
>> maybe 10 or 20 of us chipping in some money (£17.50 if it's 10 of us,
>> and £12.50 if it's 20 of us) to buy a bulk load of professionally
>> printed leaflets.
>>
> I am happy to chip in for some. They can be paid out of the price for a
> disc.
>
>> Other than that we could probably come up with an A5 black and white
>> leaflet which could be printed cheap on a standard laser printer.
>>
> Either option.
> james kilty
> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk

I would vote for the professional option,   that way with say 5000
leaflets that gives us plenty for other meetings in the future,  plus of
course they look professional,  after all we are up against Microsoft et
al , who go out and produce professional looking leaflets so if we want
to look professional then we should follow suit.

I am happy to chip in here.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events

Lug Bar B Que
Sunday 19th August 2007