[LUG] Penzance Computers install and teach-in

Dear All

Stephen Roddha at Penzance Computers has agreed to host our teach-ins at
the Internet Cafe, 36b Market Jew St, Penzance on 28th October and 11th
November. 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

I will co-ordinate planning and preparation with Mike (stinga) and
Stephen Roddha (owner) from early September. All are welcome to
contribute and/or attend. A few laptops with different distros would be
good. The aim is to have available cd/dvd's of different distros for
"purchase", suitable instruction to take away (perhaps on the discs),
demonstration of installs, individual support to install on either one
of Pz Computer's machines or laptops they have brought in, and
individual questions - which is where many members would be good (I know
at least 2 members besides us want to come) - perhaps with an overall
introduction. The second session would be to assist further regarding
problems and repeat for the flood of new people attracted by word of
mouth. We have no idea of the likely entry standard so need to be
prepared for more than beginners and would-be users and all the standard
issues/problems.

We can talk about publicity, advertising, radio, newspapers, interviews
and so on later. I am sure it would be helpful if members (not
necessarily coming to the day) used to TV, radio etc. would volunteer to
be interviewed about GNU/Linux and the DC Group. More in September. Also
mention the install days on any future event/publicity/specials.

Regards

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk