Re: [LUG] Resources / fundraisng was Re: Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

Paul Sutton wrote:

> Looks like SFD this year could be exciting for the lug,    a real
> opportunity to do something.
>
> Paul

Yup, should be.  As I've mentioned before, I'm currently involved with
trying to get two events up and running with the Open Source Consortium.
  As with the Children In Need install day I'm hoping we can get a
contribution for each install to either the Gemini FM Charitable Trust
or Plymouth Sound Unite (both charities provide funds to projects in
their broadcast areas to other charities and groups - for instance funds
for computer equipment running Linux for local community centres).

Not to mention we're then more likely to get on air advertising (which
potentially covers 273,000 listeners in the area).

Rob