Re: [LUG] Windows Authentication

dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I've got a couple of old Win98 pc's still in use at work which are only
> used to enter data via our company Intranet, which I'd like to replace
> with Linux (Ubuntu most likely) due to 98 no longer being supported.
> The big stumbling block for me though is that I'd like for any member of
> staff to be able to just walk up to the pc and log in as if they were
> logging on to a windows pc. In other words I want the Ubuntu box to
> authenticate the user using Active Directory running on a win 2003 server.

Hi,

Hadn't seen sadms before, looks interesting. I am planning on doing
something similar and  have got a few links at work with info on this -
will pass on on Monday. I think Windows Services for Unix helps out on
the AD side if you need to manage unix user ids and groups. Otherwise it
is just a matter of installing and setting up all the components
mentioned in the sadms blurb :-)
I'm just waiting for our Windows admin to set me up a test domain and I
will have a go myself so let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Pete

Enjoy your weekend.