Re: [LUG] Custom OpenCD 7.04 for DCGLUG

Mark Jose wrote:

> Well, there is a fair bit of space available on the disk I think. The copy I
> have (one of the early versions of 7.04 I think, not the final one) has
> 536.2mb used up, so there is plenty of room for a little extra information.
>
> Users of the OpenCD would, by definition, be Windows users - the programs are
> designed to run on Windows boxes. So perhaps some sort of document outlining
> the advantages of giving Linux a try (and of course joining the local Linux
> Users Group!) may be useful - I am thinking here of something like the
> leaflets we were discussing the other week on the LUG.
>
> Mark

There is a small page about Linux which is linked to a Tux icon for each
application which has a Linux version available.  It mentions Ubuntu and
Kubuntu and Live-CDs but doesn't really go into the benefits of Linux
(being virus free, no cost etc).

So yeah, I think as you mention, a document outlining the advantages of
giving Linux a try would be a good idea.

It's a shame I haven't got the font that they use as I could have put an
extra line on the main menu.  Still I have put a DCGLUG logo on the main
menu, hopefully the users of the disc will work out it's a link.

I think it might be a good idea on the About OpenCD page to put some
text in about how it is distributed by the DCGLUG.  From there I could
link to the about DCGLUG page.

Rob