Re: [LUG] Custom OpenCD 7.04 for DCGLUG

On Friday 03 August 2007 22:11, Rob Beard wrote:
> Ahh thats okay.
>
> Actually I was hoping to add an 'About DCGLUG' page.  I'm not very good
> at things like this.  I couldn't seem to find a concrete definition of
> what the LUG is.  I see the mission statement explains a bit about what
> Linux and Open Source is, but not really what the LUG does.  I guess
> part of what we do as LUG members is support each other and new users,
> promote the use of Free Software etc.
>
> Ideally what I'm looking for is something explaining a bit about the
> history of the LUG and what we do, but catchy for the non-technical
> types out there.
>
> Rob

Well, there is a fair bit of space available on the disk I think. The copy I
have (one of the early versions of 7.04 I think, not the final one) has
536.2mb used up, so there is plenty of room for a little extra information.

Users of the OpenCD would, by definition, be Windows users - the programs are
designed to run on Windows boxes. So perhaps some sort of document outlining
the advantages of giving Linux a try (and of course joining the local Linux
Users Group!) may be useful - I am thinking here of something like the
leaflets we were discussing the other week on the LUG.

Mark