Re: [LUG] Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

Paul Sutton wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm trying to finalise some details on the Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day
>> on 11th August 2007.  I now know it will be an open air event which is
>> from what I understand in a field (well, maybe not in a field but on
>> some grassy pitch).  Hopefully a generator will be provided although
>> cars are not permitted on the ground during the fun day.
>>
>> I was thinking rather than make this an 'install day' so to speak I
>> thought we could give out some Linux CDs (I'm thinking mainly x86 based
>> live CDs but with a few PowerPC CDs on standby for any Mac using
>> visitors) and copies of The OpenCD 7.04.
>>
>> I was wondering who will be able to come along on the day, and if
>> possible bring along a Linux based laptop?
>>
>> So far scanning the list I see Paul Sutton will be able to make it with
>> some CDs and leaflets?
>>
>> I'm going to try and get some of those Ubuntu-UK leaflets printed off to
>> bring along and if possible get a banner to go on the table (anyone know
>> any easy/cheap ways of getting a banner done?)
>>
>> Is anyone else able to make it along?
>>
>> Ta,
>>
>> Rob
>>

> Not sure at such short notice, the rugby club charge 150 quid for a
> banner and 1 year (season) site hire,  so the cost of the banner is
> about £50,  which is kinda beyond our budget I think,   however it may
> be worth getting a general DCLUG banner made up for a later event,

That's what I thought.  I know someone who works in the sign writing
business although it may be a bit short notice to get a banner done.

> I could print something off and laminate the sections (A4),  If its
> general purpose enough it can be reused (i.e not event or date
> specific),  well include wording,  I have just bought 25 laminating
> sheets and actually have 3 to do,  so if you can give me an idea on
> wording I will do one up and laminate everything at the same time.

Um... I'll have a think about it.  Would it be okay to use the DCLUG
logo on the banner, and if so is there a high quality version available,
say in SVG format so it can be resized without loosing quality?

> I have lots of FOSS flyers already done,  i will do some of the ubuntu
> ship it flyers over the next few days ( in doze I can print in fast mode
> which means less ink used / without dropping the quality level down.

Ahh, I can print them at work on a colour laser :)

> I have a Linux laptop running Debian (etch)

Great.

So thats one laptop running etch, and another (possibly two others)
running Ubuntu Feisty (mine is running Feisty at the moment with Beryl
although I may switch over to Kubuntu before the event so we have a bit
of variety).

Rob