Re: [LUG] Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to finalise some details on the Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day
> on 11th August 2007.  I now know it will be an open air event which is
> from what I understand in a field (well, maybe not in a field but on
> some grassy pitch).  Hopefully a generator will be provided although
> cars are not permitted on the ground during the fun day.
>
> I was thinking rather than make this an 'install day' so to speak I
> thought we could give out some Linux CDs (I'm thinking mainly x86 based
> live CDs but with a few PowerPC CDs on standby for any Mac using
> visitors) and copies of The OpenCD 7.04.
>
> I was wondering who will be able to come along on the day, and if
> possible bring along a Linux based laptop?
>
> So far scanning the list I see Paul Sutton will be able to make it with
> some CDs and leaflets?
>
> I'm going to try and get some of those Ubuntu-UK leaflets printed off to
> bring along and if possible get a banner to go on the table (anyone know
> any easy/cheap ways of getting a banner done?)
>
> Is anyone else able to make it along?
>
> Ta,
>
> Rob

Not sure at such short notice, the rugby club charge 150 quid for a
banner and 1 year (season) site hire,  so the cost of the banner is
about £50,  which is kinda beyond our budget I think,   however it may
be worth getting a general DCLUG banner made up for a later event,

I could print something off and laminate the sections (A4),  If its
general purpose enough it can be reused (i.e not event or date
specific),  well include wording,  I have just bought 25 laminating
sheets and actually have 3 to do,  so if you can give me an idea on
wording I will do one up and laminate everything at the same time.

I have lots of FOSS flyers already done,  i will do some of the ubuntu
ship it flyers over the next few days ( in doze I can print in fast mode
which means less ink used / without dropping the quality level down.

I have a Linux laptop running Debian (etch)

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Linuxbierwanderung - Torbay Mini Linux Beer Hike
28th / 29th July 2007
http://www.linuxbierwanderung.org/
Follow torbay mini LBW link.