Re: [LUG] microsoft writing their own suicide note -child protection

Tom Potts wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/18/microsoft_advertising_pc_patent/
> they must be getting really desperate to even think of this
> Tom te tom te tom

As someone who works with children,  can anyone think of any child
protection issues that could arise from this,  As adults we have a duty
to act.   If there is any risk to children, schools / parents, need to
be informed, so they can decide on if they are going to use software
that could potentially put children at risk.

This is not about moving to OSS,  but its about protecting children,  so
if we do advise a move over to an alternative, child welfare must come
first,  getting more OSS users is a less important issue.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Linuxbierwanderung - Torbay Mini Linux Beer Hike
28th / 29th July 2007
http://www.linuxbierwanderung.org/
Follow torbay mini LBW link.