Re: [LUG] microsoft writing their own suicide note -child protection

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 10:09 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:

> As someone who works with children,  can anyone think of any child
> protection issues that could arise from this,
Yes. More computer savvy rebels find how to get round security and view
porn at school in the (near) presence of teachers. Starting year 7. If
they can do that, they can go more widely. And they'll do it at home as
well without parents being present.
>   As adults we have a duty
> to act.   If there is any risk to children, schools / parents, need to
> be informed, so they can decide on if they are going to use software
> that could potentially put children at risk.
Yes.

> This is not about moving to OSS,  but its about protecting children,  so
> if we do advise a move over to an alternative, child welfare must come
> first,  getting more OSS users is a less important issue.
But are M$ just protecting the future, not intending to use it?????

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk