Re: [LUG] Cinelerra and Ubuntu Feisty

Simon Waters wrote:
> Although "illegal instruction" suggests also it might be compiled for
> the wrong target CPU.

Hmm, I guess that might well be the case.
I don't remember exactly what type of
cpu I've got but I remember it was AMD.

So when following the instructions here:
http://cv.cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php (*)

I chose the athlonxp.  However that might
not be the exact amd cpu I have.  I really
don't remember.  A quick check of

root@chaoshex5:/usr/bin# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 2079.642
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow up ts
bogomips        : 4162.36
clflush size    : 32

Suggests that I do indeed have an athlon xp.

(*) Ubuntu Feisty

     Jure Cuhalev built packages, he has a README about the packages.
Some notes are included here:

     1. Make sure you have universe, multiverse and restricted
repositories enabled
     2. Add the following repository to your sources.list file,
according to your CPU type:

     - i686:
     deb http://www.kiberpipa.org/~gandalf/ubuntu/feisty/cinelerra/i686/ ./
     - athlonxp:
     deb
http://www.kiberpipa.org/~gandalf/ubuntu/feisty/cinelerra/athlonxp/ ./
     - pentium4:
     deb
http://www.kiberpipa.org/~gandalf/ubuntu/feisty/cinelerra/pentium4/ ./

     3. apt-get update ; apt-get install cinelerra