Re: [LUG] Possible venues to spread the word

Rob Beard wrote:
>> Now if we could find a PC with linux preloaded to
>> donate that might be very welcome and a useful starting point.  I'd
>> offer my desktop machine but the CPU got fried and probably took the
>> mobo with it and maybe even the hds (I had a RAID0 setup once upon a
>> time...)
>>
>> So: anyone got a spare mobo and chip?!? and/or time to help me build a m/c?
>>
>> Matthew.
>>

> I'll see what I can find, I think I have some bits lying around although
> they're not super spec (Athlon 700 ish).
>
> I'd certainly be happy to help where else I can.
>
> Rob

Thanks a lot for the offer, Rob and I'd be delighted with anything you
found (within reason!).  I am slightly regretting not jumping on some
spare machines in the department I work at in Plymouth because they
might have been suitable but they have now gone.  Since linux is (or can
be) less greedy with hardware than XP (and surely Vista) they might do
the job; also recycling is a very appropriate thing for TTT to do.  I've
got a working PSU and a big case with 2 identical 60GB disks and a CD
drive but of course a CD burner would be essential.  Also, sadly, a
probably rare but pretty useless 250MB zip drive which was pretty
expensive at the time and which I hardly ever used.  Funny to think how
much a tiny USB stick now outperforms that old stuff.

Matthew.