Re: [LUG] Possible venues to spread the word

Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been thinking of possible other venues where we can spread the word
> on Linux.  On the Ubuntu-UK mailing list there is a guy (the same guy
> who helping create the Ubuntu leaflets) who spends some of his free time
> going to computer fairs and talking CDs along and talking about Ubuntu.

This isn't anything like a fair, but I'm a peripheral member of the
"Transition Town Totnes" network which aims to come up with local
solutions to global problems such as peak oil and global warming.  They
are about to set up an office in Totnes and are asking for help with
equipment but no mention of sustainable software (surely OSS is the only
truly sustainable model for developing and using software).  The network
has a high profile locally and has even had some national publicity on
Radio 4 and I'd love to see them using linux rather than windows if they
don't already.   Now if we could find a PC with linux preloaded to
donate that might be very welcome and a useful starting point.  I'd
offer my desktop machine but the CPU got fried and probably took the
mobo with it and maybe even the hds (I had a RAID0 setup once upon a
time...)

So: anyone got a spare mobo and chip?!? and/or time to help me build a m/c?

Matthew.