[LUG] CSS driving me nuts

Hi Everyone

The specific question is probably a bit off topic.

I have spent ages fighting CSS on a site I have ended up taking over.
In fact I have mentioned it before and had some great help with the
SQL and the php. Anyway I have jammed it all in a CMS system now and
its working well but I have hit *the* CSS problem.

Site looks great in Firefox, and not to bad in IE7 and IE6 some small
font differences and spacing but its acceptable. IE5 is a horror
though.

I've got the main pages validated on w3c/org for XHTML and CSS (still
issues on some of the generated pages of lists etc  but thats WIP)

Should I care about IE5? As its really old and very broken should i
just ignore this problem. At the end of the day I need to maintain a
professional image for the site its not my homebrew hobby site. Any
idea how to fix the menu spacing for IE5?

Site in question is under development at

http://test.magsoc.org.uk

Many TIA

--
Robin Cornelius