Re: [LUG] CSS driving me nuts

> Should I care about IE5? As its really old and very broken should i
> just ignore this problem. At the end of the day I need to maintain a
> professional image for the site its not my homebrew hobby site. Any
> idea how to fix the menu spacing for IE5?

I did a "grep -c" on today's access log for our website -which,
admittedly, is mainly aimed at IT professionals- and the number of
visitors using IE6 or 7 is 20 times as high as the number of visitors
using IE5.

As a general rule, I personally don't bother if a) it might look
horrid, but people are still able to find what they need to find and
b) your CSS and HTML are valid. I think that people using IE5 will
have problems with many sites out there, so they'll end up upgrading
their browser sooner or later anyway.

By the way, the site looks fine in Opera (7.54/Windows), as well as in
the text browsers lynx and w3m.

Martijn.