Re: [LUG] Possible venues to spread the word

james kilty wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 23:26 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking of possible other venues where we can spread the word
>> on Linux.
>
> There are lots of festival events in Cornwall and a couple of large
> Agricultural Shows attended by thousands. Green Fairs????
>
> james kilty
> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk

Now green fairs would be a good idea, especially with the new WEEE
directives.  We could demonstrate how an older PC could be put to good
use rather than just scrapped.

I was wondering too, if anyone would be interested in helping out with
another charity install day?  I'm going to see if it would be possible
to setup some sort of install day with the donations going to a charity
like the Gemini FM Charitable Trust or Plymouth Sound Unite, both
charities which give out grants to charities and organisations in the
local community.

(From what I understand Plymouth Sound ran a 'Light Up A Life' appeal
which raised £15,000 for a light sensory room at Woodlands Special
School, so it's all for good local projects and charities).

Rob