Re: [LUG] Mounting a "Mp3" player through a MSC or MTP mode to debian

> anything I plug in USB doesn't need any -t msdos or anything.
I've never had to specify -t anything

> I cant say for sure as USB is the first PC spec I didn't read!
Can't say I've read any specs I just work it out/guess/make something up :P

Of course we can speculate until the cows come home so I took the
liberty of hunting for the truth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usb_mass_storage#Device_access
"The USB mass storage specification does not require any particular
file system to be used on conforming devices. Instead, it provides a
simple interface to read and write sectors of data—much like the
low-level interface used to access any hard drive—using the "SCSI
transparent command set." Operating systems may treat the USB drive
like a hard drive, and can format it with any file system they like."