[LUG] Mounting a "Mp3" player through a MSC or MTP mode to debian

I am getting (finally) a trekstor vibez, and was wondering how I mount it to my
debian box

http://www.trekstor.de/en/products/detail_mp3.php?pid=66&page=3

The thing runs
- Ogg
- Is supported by Linux from kernel 2.4

The only stuff shown is "Supported USB modes MSC, MTP"

How do I mount the thing?

- install mtp? and run a command like mtp-detect?
- or run a command like "mount -t vfat /dev/sd? /mnt/mp3"?
- run gnomad2?

In googling I have found comments like "The main solution tho is to reformat the
device on windows to fat32 and try again." which does not fill with much enthusiasm

As always any assistance greatfully received

--
Henry
Fri Jul  6 16:57:09 BST 2007