Re: [LUG] Nebie Question on Scripts

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 23:59, Simon Waters wrote:
> Peter Walker wrote:
> > Try
> >
> > setenv PATH /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.00/jre/bin/
>
> I prefer the Larry Wall quote to csh answers, rather than the actual
> answer.
>
> "...this does not mean that some of us should not want, in a rather
> dispassionate sort of way, to put a bullet through csh's head."
>
>     * Usenet article <1992Aug6.221512.5963@xxxxxxxxxxx> (1992)
>
> So Tom C did....
>
> Anyone would think those Perl folk have it in for Csh....
Of course they do - the whole point of having a different language is to try
and be individual and cliquey!
The idea behind Csh (IIRC) was to be able to script in the same language as
you coded - and as someone who codes in too many languages and spends half
his life swearing the codes correct and the interpreter/compiler is wrong I
can see why that 'would be a good thing'.
As half my work is in the browser these days the nearest I can come to this
ideal is using javascript and mono, or possibly clisp and a javascript lisp
interpreter but there are limits.
Tom te tom te tom