Re: [LUG] Nebie Question on Scripts

Peter Walker wrote:

> Try
>
> setenv PATH /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.00/jre/bin/

I prefer the Larry Wall quote to csh answers, rather than the actual answer.

"...this does not mean that some of us should not want, in a rather
dispassionate sort of way, to put a bullet through csh's head."

    * Usenet article <1992Aug6.221512.5963@xxxxxxxxxxx> (1992)

So Tom C did....

Anyone would think those Perl folk have it in for Csh....

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/

It is rather dated - from the days when Bourne was the common Unix
shell, and the Korn shell was arriving - but hey I ain't never seen a
pretty Csh, and I don't think I've seen any on Linux. So perhaps there
is progress in Unix like operating systems - be it ever so slow.