Re: [LUG] Photography: Gimp classes

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 12:57 +0100, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Steve Smith wrote:
> > Dr Adrian Midgley (In the office) wrote:
> >
> >> 2.  Teaching teachers - a set of lesson materials and a seminar on
> >> teaching with the gimp.  This does need an educationalist involved if we
> >> are serious about it, as we should be
> >>
> > What makes you say we need an educationalist?  Do you mean one with
> > experience in GIMP?
> >

> Teachers purport to have special knowledge of teaching ...
>
> Nice to design things well if we want to spread and reuse them.
An educationalist would often be able to offer more than a teacher, but
many teachers could be well able to support the work. Many minds would
make a better result, so long as we mesh our individual competencies.
Who knows, a non-teacher/educationalist might do a splendid job without
any educational training.

If we define the audience first - who would be the users of the
materials? How do they see their needs?

And so on.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk