Re: [LUG] Photography: Gimp classes

Steve Smith wrote:

> For now, put your hand up if you'd be able to get to Exeter for an
> evening class :)

Yes - and I'd pay to have the GIMP's interface demystified -- but I'm
not THAT bothered about photographs themselves.

I tend to use it for cropping, and handling transparency or other
technical issues in raster graphic formats. What I really need
demystified along with the interfaces is the corner cases of
raster/bitmap image formats (alas "save it as a png" isn't always
enough), but I guess that is a tad beyond what is planned. Still some
background on selecting interesting objects, and cutting them out would
be handy. I mostly manage to do these thing - eventually - indeed I got
quite good at it when I was doing it fairly regularly at work.