Re: [LUG] Photography: Gimp classes

Steve Smith wrote:
> Simon Waters wrote:
>> raster/bitmap image formats (alas "save it as a png" isn't always
>> enough), but I guess that is a tad beyond what is planned.
>>
> What do you mean exactly by isn't always enough - doesn't come out very
> good quality?

No, nearly all my format issues are solved by PNG. Just a pity IE makes
such a hash of rendering them. Transparency is the killer - IE7 does
better - we even have a HTML class "zyPngFix" here at ZyNet -- but it
isn't always enough.

Transparency might not interest most photographers, unless they are into
reworking it all once they are back home.

So one of the uses I make of GIMP is exporting stuff in other formats to
satisfy those evil, ancient proprietary browsers....