Re: [LUG] OT: Wind Turbines [WAS: Data Centres]

David Brook wrote:

> Probably the best option is growing crops for burning - a 'renewable' which
> doesn't seem to be much in vogue.

Wood chip/pellet boilers are becoming more common, vegetable oil is
being more widely used as a fuel for combustion engines as is alcohol
produced from maize, miscanthus is being grown for burning for
electricity production.  Not much in vogue?

> The concept of closed Carbon Cycles has
> to be a good one plus of course it gives the farmers something to do!!

Farmers who have little to do because we're busy burning fossil fuels to
import the same products they'd normally produce?  Wouldn't we outsource
production of fuel the same way?

James