Re: [LUG] Locales and ££££'s and Perl

On Wed, 30 May 2007 14:42:56 +0100
Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bizarrely, my email client complains about € symbols so I'm not too
> sure how this will show up in your email client or in the list archive.
> Here goes....

Fixed sylpheed - the automatic detection was simply borked. Setting UTF8 for
incoming and outgoing allows me to put € and £ wherever necessary.
;-)

On Simon's later question:
$ echo £ > £.t
$ cat £.t
£

$ echo € > €.t
$ cat €.t
€

less works too - and tab auto-completion.

I still suspect an incomplete conversion of the environment to UTF8.

--

Neil Williams