Re: [LUG] Email Folders

On Tue, 15 May 2007 21:49:08 +0100
Anton Channing <achanning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I don't think you *can* Anton.  I just hit reply, or when I open a new
> > message I just click the dropdown to choose which account.
>
> Don't say that!  Or I might have to defect
> to KDE! :(

There is more than one email client in Gnome. Try balsa or sylpheed.
Alternatively, try a more complex setup involving IMAP and maildrop -
your mail will be sorted upon delivery and available (in the sorted
folders) to any other machine on your home network (e.g. laptop).

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/wiki/?id=FetchmailMaildropImap

With sylpheed, individual folders can be associated with individual
accounts which lessens the risk of posting to a mailing list from the
wrong email address.

(This isn't off-topic either, it is exactly the kind of thing the LUG
was intended to solve.)

--

Neil Williams