[LUG] [OT] Thunderbird Email Folders

Being used to KMail, I am finding Thunderbird
a little on the frustrating side.  Basically
I have multiple email accounts and I like to
share one global inbox for them all. So far so
good, I seem to have done that in TB, unlike
Evolution which I had no luck with on that
score.

I then tend to set up subfolders for various
things, like special people and mailing lists
like this one.

Well, in KMail I could assign one of my email
addresses to a folder so that if I was in that
folder and went to write a new mail, it would
automatically default to the right account.

Very handy on a list like this one, because I
could just set the folder to the right email
account and I would never get a mail bounce
because I forgot to change it to the one I
subscribed with, or forgot which one I
subscribed with.  Doesn't matter when I hit
reply, it gets it right then, but when I
hit new message...

Anyway, does anyone know how I can configure
this in Thunderbird?  Its very frustrating...

Anton