Re: [LUG] Linux in Schools a case Study

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 07 May 2007 19:38:15 +0100
> Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> This is where you can push openoffice,  however I read recently the
>> human brain can't cope with people talking and looking at slides with
>> information on at the same, time.
>>

> Rubbish - at Uni I had to take in information from the OHP, the
> whiteboard, the handouts and the words of the lecturer. It all depends
> on the level of interest. If the topic bores the audience, slides or
> talk won't make any difference. Probably the WORST talk for the
> audience is when someone takes this idea seriously and ends up merely
> standing at the front of the room reading what everyone else can read
> from the slides. Yawn!

I think that is what they were refering to,  as I said I had no problem
in  Canada with 2 talks, on on software testing and on on data
recovery,  the above article was in the paper;   I agree with you
however,  that its about how the talk is presented.

Paul

--
Events

Linuxbierwanderung - Torbay Mini Linux Beer Hike
28th / 29th July 2007
http://www.linuxbierwanderung.org/
Follow torbay mini LBW link.

http://www.openoffice.org