[LUG] Nedit

One of the things that I like most about kubuntu is that it is so much
easier to add programs and to have them work immediately. When I used
to use the Mandrake/Mandriva setup it was often hard work with the rpm
files.

However, for the first time, I have had a problem. I installed nedit
using the Adept manager and then tried to start it. This brought up the
following error message -

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
  Serial number of failed request:  382

None of this means anything to me. Can anyone help please? I am using
kubuntu Edgy.

Neil Winchurst