Re: [LUG] email etiquette (was OpenSuse 10.2)

trewornan wrote:
> Most of these rules are pretty much common sense but
> some do seem a bit anal. Some people really need to
> chill out once in a while.
>
> Plus, I don't see why I should follow a particular set
> of "rules" simply because some random individual

More to the point it is group consensus not just one person.
> Never entirely agreed with that one - sometimes it
> makes more sense (or is just easier).

Also highly annoying IMHO.

Ans 2
Comment
Ans1

e.g.

Because it's hard to read
 >> Please don't top post
 > Why not?

Absolute nightmare to read and a guarantee I will delete your message
unread as being too much of a pain to bother with.  Your possibly valid
comments will go unread.  If you read a book the text goes top to
bottom, so why should email go middle to bottom to top?
> Doesn't necessarily apply universally but as a general
> rule I tend to agree.

As well as Neil's comments HTML takes up more bandwidth.  Although you
may argue a single message isn't going to cause a problem, it's the old
point about 'If we all thought that we'd be buried in it'.

Kind regards,

Julian