Re: [LUG] email etiquette (was OpenSuse 10.2)

Most of these rules are pretty much common sense but
some do seem a bit anal. Some people really need to
chill out once in a while.

Plus, I don't see why I should follow a particular set
of "rules" simply because some random individual
thinks I should

> 1. Do not top-post.

Never entirely agreed with that one - sometimes it
makes more sense (or is just easier).

> 3. Do not send HTML.

Doesn't necessarily apply universally but as a general
rule I tend to agree.

> 6. Use a real name, not a nickname in your email
> client configuration
> (one or two may need to take heed of that one).

If I (or anyone else) feel more comfortable not
publicly posting under their own name why should they
feel obliged to?

Mark