Re: [LUG] Ubuntu, Kubuntu which to start with ?

Robin Menneer wrote:

> Yes, it's fine if you know.  I went to load Tuxpaint and it didn't
> mention Ubuntu in any of the loading instructions, so I gave up after
> trying several files.

When attempting to install any software in ubuntu / debian, it's
worthwhile going to "synaptic package manager" (Admin menu i think).

A quick search on "tuxpaint" would display an installable package (or 5)

Installation through the repositories is always preffered to any other
method, so always search the repositories first using synaptic (GUI) or
apt-get/apt-cache (CLI)

HTH,

  .~.   Mark Brier - Open Source Tech Consultant
 / v \  mark AT openitup DOT org / lists AT openitup DOT org
/( _ )\ PubKey - http://www.openitup.org/keys/markatopenitup.asc
  ^ ^   +44 (0)161 2422132 / +44 (0)7793 036840